Rules and regulations
All researchers wishing to fly drones must obey the drone code (https://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/).
Let Nigel Fisher know well in advance and make sure he's ok with it (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At the beginning of the day, you must call Brize Norton RAF and Oxford airport air traffic control (ATC)
- Brize Norton RAF: (0)1993 896 500
- Oxford airport ATC: (0)1865 844 272
Information they may require:
1. Description of area or coordinates
- ForestGEO plot: N 51.7742, W 1.3378
- Marley wood: N 51.7652, W 1.3103
2. Height of flight
- Must not exceed 122m (400ft) AGL at any time
3. Weight of drone
- (DJI Phantom 4: 1.5kg)
4. Name and contact phone number
The university's policy on drone-flying can be found here.
All drones must be registered: https://safety.web.ox.ac.uk/article/registration-of-drones